A quick and easy dish to prepare for lunch or dinner is Stir Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce and Snap Peas. It only takes 30 minutes to marinate and less than 2o minutes to cook. If this is marinated a day before and kept in the refrigerator, you will only need to cook the dish for around 15 to 18 minutes. I think that it is a huge time saver. Do you agree?
As I suggest most of the time, it is better to marinate meat longer so that the it can absorb most of the flavors from the marinade. However, you can also marinate meat for a short span of time provided that the it is sliced thinly, just like what we have here. It also cooks quickly too.
How to Cook Stir Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce and Snap Peas
Cooking Stir Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce and Snap Peas is literally fast and simple. I started by mixing all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and marinated the beef slices for 30 minutes. I then heat-up the wok and poured the oil in. Once the oil is hot, I started cooking the onion followed by the marinated beef.
The entire process is really quick. After a few minutes of stir-frying the beef, the snap peas were added along with the cornstarch mixture. It needed a few more minutes to completely cook. I had it with plain white rice. It was a pleasant experience.
If you loved Asian beef with mushroom, then you will also like this simple version.
Try this Stir Fried Beef with Oyster Sauce and Snap Peas. Let me know what you think.
- 1½ lbs. beef sirloin sliced into thin pices
- ½ lb. snap peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or rice wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir.
- Add the beef slices. Continue to stir until the beef gets coated. Marinate the beef for 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Once the oil gets hot, put the onion and then cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the marinated beef including the marinade. Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the snap peas and remaining oyster sauce.
- Combine cornstarch and water. Mix well. Pour the mixture in and then continue to cook while stirring for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with rice.
- Share and enjoy!