- 1 lb sirloin, flank or eye of round steak, cut into thin strips across the grain
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and cut intro strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced or grated
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cornstarch(dissolved in 2 Tbsp water) + another 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2½ Tbsp pure olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil + another 1 tsp
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Season beef with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper. Add 1 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil. Mix well and set aside. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix oyster sauce, remaining light soy sauce, hoisin sauce, dissolved cornstarch and remaining sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a wok or big non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stir fry garlic, onions and ginger in 1½ Tbsp pure olive oil for about 30 seconds. Add beef and stir fry for 3 minutes or until there’s no more red showing.
- Add remaining pure olive oil to the wok. Add broccoli florets and carrots and stir. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until desired crunchiness of broccoli and carrots is obtained. Add the sauce. Stir for a minute. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Add 1 Tbsp sesame oil. Stir some more.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds if desired. Serve hot with steamed rice.
(Visited 472 times, 1 visits today)