- 130g of boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp of olive oil
For the sauce
- 1/2 tsp of minced garlic (equal to half a clove)
- 1 tbs of apple juice
- 4 tsps of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbs of tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs of water
- 20 ml of soy sauce
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp of cornflour (cornstarch)
- coriander to garnish (optional)
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set to one side.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet (that has a lid) on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken starts to go a nice golden colour on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is going a lovely golden colour add the sauce mixture to the pan and stir, making sure the chicken is well coated.
- Turn the heat to low and partially cover the skillet with a lid. The lid should be slightly askew to allow some steam to escape. Cook on low for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)