For the Asian BBQ Sauce-
- 1 cup Bonne Maman Golden Plum Mirabelle Preserves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- pepper, to taste
For the Chicken–
- 4 lbs. Chicken Drumsticks about 10 medium
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying peanut, canola or vegetable oil
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Pour 1 1/2 inches oil into a deep cast iron skillet or large pot and preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for Asian BBQ sauce. Cook over medium heat until it simmers lightly and dissolve the sugar. Reduce heat to low.
- Rinse chicken drumsticks in water and pat dry with paper towels. You want the chicken to be very dry! Sprinkle with salt and pepper on all sides. Place half the chicken into the hot oil and cook 8 minutes per side or until browned and chicken registers 165 degrees internally with a thermometer. Remove to paper towel lined plate and cook the other half of the chicken. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once all the chicken is cooked, place into large bowl and toss with half the prepared BBQ sauce. Place coated drumsticks onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and spoon over any remaining sauce from the bottom of the bowl. Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned and caramelized. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and serve with remaining BBQ sauce from the pot.
- Delicious with steamed veggies and rice, or just by themselves.
Source: lauren’s Latest
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)