- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 small bell pepper, seeds removed
Greek Yogurt Tahini Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use water for a lower-fat version)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley leaves, diced (I used cilantro)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
For the Steamed Veggies:
- Chop the broccoli into small florets, and dice the bell pepper into thin strips.
- Boil 1 inch of water in a small-medium pot that fits your steamer. Add the chopped vegetables and steam for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender and cooked to your liking. Remove from heat.
- While the vegetables are steaming, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste it and see if the sauce needs more salt, pepper, or lemon juice.
- Pour the sauce over the steamed veggies while they are still hot.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)