- 1 chicken egg
- 1 salted egg
- 1 century egg
- boiled and cooled water (ratio 1:1.5 = total volume of eggs (chicken egg + salted egg white) is 100ml + 150ml water)
- sesame oil & chopped spring onion to garnish
- Break up chicken egg, add the salted egg white and beat well. Add boiled and cooled water into the egg mixture, gently stir well and set aside.
- Break up the raw salted egg yolk, Peel and cut up the century egg. Then place them in a shallow plate.
- Gently stir the egg whites mixture again and pass through a sieve into the shallow plate.
- Heat up the steamer or wok with boiling water. Put in the dish. Place a piece of aluminium foil on top preventing the water drips from the lid onto the egg mixture. Lower the heat to medium and steam for 5 minutes and another 3 minutes at low heat to just set. Occasionally lift up the lid to let the steam to escape.
- Garnish with spring onion with little sesame oil and dash of pepper. Serve immediately.
Source: Anncoo Journal
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)