Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 boneless fillets white fish ( dory, tilapia, or lapu lapu )
For ginger marinade
- 2 tablespoon rice wine or sake
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
For the cilantro sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse fish fillets lightly under cold water and drain thoroughly in a colander ; place in a bowl.
- Make the ginger marinade: Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour marinade over fish fillets and toss lightly to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let the fillets marinate in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
- Arrange fillets, skin down ( if there is skin ), on a heatproof plate and place in a steamer basket.
- Place the water in a wok, cover and place over high heat to boil. Once water comes to a boil, lower heat to a fast simmer and place steamer basket on the wok. Make sure the water does not touch the steamer basket; discard excess water if necessary. steam fish until the fish flakes when prodded with knife, about 6 to 9 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Meanwhile, make the cilantro sauce : Pour all the ingredients into a saucepan. Allow to boil. Stir and turn off heat.
- Pour sauce over the steamed fillets and serve immediately.
(Visited 300 times, 1 visits today)