- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk, cut into pieces and crushed (optional)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 3 lbs clams, scrubbed and cleaned
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, chopped
- lime wedges for serving
- In a large pot such as a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium low heat.
- Cook the shallots for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the shallots are translucent.
- Stir in the red curry paste and lemongrass and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams and mussels and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occassionally, until the all the shells open.
- Discard any unopened clams and mussels.
- Adjust the broth seasoning to taste with additional curry paste or fish sauce, as desired.
- Stir in the cilantro and scallion, and serve with fresh lime wedges.
Source: Kitchen Confidante
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)