- 1/4 cup espresso (1 mid strength Just Fair Coffee capsule made Nespresso machine under medium espresso setting – 40ml)
- 2 1/2 Tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsps soft brown sugar
- 5 rounds of freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small brown onion, peeled & finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely diced
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps cooking oil
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine using a fork.
- Either using a large zip lock bag / a glass or ceramic dish, add the marinade to the steaks and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the steaks overnight (please see note section).
- Remember to remove the steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat up the pan/grill high.
- Discard the marinade from the steaks. Place the steaks on the pan/grill and cook on both sides to your desired doneness.
- Season with salt to taste.
- As I was marinating the steaks overnight, I toned down the level of saltiiness ensuring it does not draw the moisture from the steaks during the marination process. Therefore, you may need to season with salt at the end of the cooking time.
Source: Fuss Free Cooking
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)