- ¼ cup beef stock
- 1½ tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1½ tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste*
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper paste*
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 12 ounces boneless sirloin or strip steak, trimmed and cut into ¼-inch strips
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- Whisk together stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger paste, pepper paste, garlic, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and shake or swirl the skillet to coat bottom with oil.
- Add beef and stir-fry until just browned but not cooked through. Transfer beef to a plate and discard liquid and oil from the skillet.
- Return the skillet to high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and shake or swirl the skillet to coat the bottom with oil.
- Add asparagus and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add green onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add stock mixture and stir to coat vegetables. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add beef and any beef juices back to the skillet. Toss and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Source: Magnolia Days
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)