- 2 cornish game hens
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking wine (shaoxing or dry sherry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups water
- 5 cups cooking oil
- Prepare the marinade by Combining cooking wine, fish sauce, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, nutmeg, garlic powder and grund black pepper. Stir to mix.
- Place the chicken in a resealable freezer bag. Pour-in the marinade.Make sure that the chicken is well coated with the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 3 to 5 hours.
- Pour the water in a steamer and let it boil. Steam the marinated chicken for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the steamer and place over a wire rack or a plate. Leave it that way for 2 to 3 hours until the skin becomes dry.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot or deep fryer. Fry at 350F for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken turns medium to golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer, transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
(Visited 110 times, 1 visits today)