Total Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-inch) stalk lemongrass, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock or fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup green onion strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (through lemongrass); cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chile paste; cook 1 minute. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and juice. Serve.
(Visited 137 times, 1 visits today)