- 500 Grams Beef joint (roast joint)
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 5 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper (crushed)
- 8 Medium Pepper corn
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili powder (medium hot)
- 1 Teaspoon Curry powder (medium hot)
- 1 Teaspoon Chili flakes
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Rosemary seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley leaves (dried)
- 2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 6 Medium Basil leaves (fresh)
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon Water
- In a large mixing bowl thoroughly mix Onion, Garlic, Crushed Pepper, Pepper corn, Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Curry powder, Chili flakes, Cumin seeds, Rosemary seeds, Parsley leaves, Salt, Basil leaves and Vinegar. Then rub this spicy mixture to roast beef joint evenly by massaging the joint to absorb the spicy goodness then place the joint in a medium sized roasting pan or tray. You can pre-oiled the roasting tray by using 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cover the roasting pan with aluminium foil while sealing the all four sides by folding the foil inwards towards trays edges. Set this aside for 1 hour to season the roast beef joint with flavours.
- Pre heat the oven to 190C & place the roasting pan in the middle section of the oven. Let it roast for about 30 minutes.
- Then remove the roasting pan from the oven & carefully open the open the aluminium foil by the side. Pour remaining Olive oil on top the beef joint & followed by water, this helps to keep the moisture within the beef. Seal back the foil to the roasting pan & put the pan back to middle section of the oven. Set the heat to 170C & roast for further 50 minutes.
- It’s time to remove the roasting pan from the oven, make sure you leave the roast beef joint to warm down for about 5-8 minutes before you carve into slices. Serve warm with accumulated beef roast juice from the roasting pan along with rice or boiled vegetables.
Source: Daily Food Recipes
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)