- 2 tablespoon olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large (about 1 pound) sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, for topping
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork in batches and brown.
- Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low, add additional 1 tbsp oil, onion and garlic.
- Cook, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pot, until the onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add reserved pork, cumin, coriander, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, stir to combine.
- Pour in apple cider and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, add sweet potatoes and corn.
- Simmer until the pork is tender and potatoes are cooked through, 30 to 45 additional minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream.
Source: Pure Grace Farm
(Visited 51 times, 1 visits today)