Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds beef steak, thinly sliced across the grain and cut into 2-by-1/3-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, optional
- 7 small dried red chiles or
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 cups cooked white rice, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornstarch and salt. Add beef; toss to coat. Shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add half of beef and fry until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a colander. Wipe any browned bits from skillet, and repeat using remaining 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil and second batch of beef. Wipe out skillet.
- Add sesame oil, garlic and ginger (if using) to skillet and cook for 1 minute over medium heat. Stir in chiles, orange juice, marmalade, soy sauce and vinegar and cook over medium-high heat until slightly syrupy, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in beef to coat with orange sauce. Heat through, 2 minutes.
- Serve beef and sauce over rice.
(Visited 87 times, 1 visits today)