- 8 chicken lovely legs, visible fat trimmed
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light coconut milk (A Taste of Thai brand)
- Steamed SunRice Brown Medium Grain Rice, to serve
- 6 golden eschalots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 (20g) unsalted whole macadamia nuts
- 3 small fresh red chillies, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh galangal
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 stem lemon grass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown or palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- To make the spice paste, place the eschalots, garlic, macadamia nuts, chillies, ginger, galangal, oil, lemon grass, sugar and turmeric in the bowl of a food processor and process, scraping down the side of the bowl occasionally, until well combined and a thick paste forms.
- Place the spice paste in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and turn to evenly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Preheat grill on high. Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes or until brown and fragrant. Stir in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, turning chicken occasionally, for 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a grill rack over a tray.
- Cook chicken under preheated grill, about 6cm from the heat source, brushing occasionally with the coconutmilk mixture, for 5 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring the coconut-milk mixture to the boil over medium heat and boil, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon the rice among serving plates. Top with chicken and spoon over sauce. Serve immediately.
(Visited 65 times, 1 visits today)