Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 (serving size: 2 stuffed pita halves)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 tablespoons plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 (6-inch) pitas, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/4 cup prechopped red onion
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon yogurt, 1 tablespoon juice, and 2 garlic cloves.
- Add chicken; toss to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until browned and done, stirring frequently.
- 2. While chicken cooks, combine remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, remaining 1 garlic clove, and tahini, stirring well.
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons tahini mixture inside each pita half; divide chicken evenly among pita halves.
- Fill each pita half with 1 tablespoon cucumber, 1 tablespoon tomato, and 1 1/2 teaspoons onion.
(Visited 451 times, 1 visits today)