- 4 heads baby bok choy
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- Slice the boy choy in half length wise and rinse well. Gently shake and pat dry. A little water in between the leaves is okay.
- Heat a hot skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Toast sesame seeds in hot pan for 2-3 minutes, until slightly browned. Remove seeds from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix Sriracha and tamari and set aside.
- Heat oil in the hot pan. You can use half avocado oil (for it’s higher smoke point) and half sesame oil. You can use 2 tablespoons of sesame oil instead.
- Add the garlic to the oil and stry quickly to avoid burning, quickly add the bok choy, cut-side down. Sear for about 30 seconds, then flip over. Pour Sriracha and tamari mixture over the bok choy and cover with the pan with a lid. Cook 3-4 minutes, until bok choy is tender. Remove from heat.
- Serve with sesame seeds sprinkle on top.
Source: the infinebalance food blog
Via: Spicy Bok Choy
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)