- 4 large banana leaves, rinsed and dried with a kitchen towel
- 8 chicken drumsticks (or breasts if you prefer)
- Enough oil to lightly grease the banana leaves
- 6 tbsps green curry paste (you can substitute with red or other varieties)
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 shallots, quartered and smashed lightly
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- Handful of curry leaves, rinsed (discard the stems)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white parts smashed (used as a brush)
- Firstly, mix the ingredients for marinating in a large bowl. Do a taste test and add more salt if required. Set aside for 2 hours (covered) in the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to about 180C (356F).
- Cut the banana leaves into 4 portions for wrapping and lightly grease each leaf. I wrapped two drumsticks in one piece of banana leaf together. Place the chicken drumsticks in the middle of the leaf and wrap into a parcel, you can either use a stapler to staple the ends together or use kitchen string according to your preference. I was not too particular about the wrapping as long as the chicken were covered as I want to open up the banana leaf packages and broil the drumsticks before serving.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken and banana leaf portions. Place on a baking tray and bake in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and untie or cut open the banana leaf parcels. Place in oven again and roast on 200C (392F) for another 15 minutes. Remove chicken drumsticks from oven and serve hot sitting on the banana leaves.
Source: Smoky Wok
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)