- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 1 banana leaf (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh (or frozen) grated coconut
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. Fahrenheit.
- Combine rice flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Cream butter then gradually put-in sugar while mixing.
- Add eggs then mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add rice flour, salt, and baking powder mixture then continue mixing.
- Pour-in the coconut milk and fresh milk. Mix or stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Arrange the cut banana leaf on a cake pan.
- Pour the mixture on the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then top with grated cheese (do not turn the oven off).
- Put back in oven and bake for 15 to 20 min. or until the color of the top turns light to medium brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle some sugar and grated coconut on top.
Source: Filipino Recipes
(Visited 126 times, 1 visits today)