- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add sundried tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Add pasta to sauce. Toss to combine. Serve with parmesan.
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)