- 1/2 pound of spaghetti
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter [if you go for no fish, use salted]
- 2-4 anchovy filets, depending on your love of anchovies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining. Set aside.
- While the spaghetti cooks, melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the garlic and anchovies, stirring to break down the fish and keeping the butter from browning too much. Add the tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to breakdown. This will take a good 10 minutes. Add the pasta and enough pasta water so it’s covered thoroughly with the butter mixture. Sprinkle with the parsley just before serving.
Source: The Hoot Eats
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)