Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 (serving size: 2 tomato slices, 1 chicken breast half, about 1/2 cup salsa, and 2 tablespoons queso fresco)
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 green tomatoes, each cut into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled queso fresco
- Drain salsa in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Set salsa aside.
- Combine reserved liquid, oil, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken and tomato to bag; seal and shake gently to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken and tomato from bag, reserving marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; pour reserved marinade over chicken. Place tomato slices on grill rack. Grill chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done. Grill tomatoes 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve chicken with tomatoes; top with reserved salsa and queso fresco.