- 1/2 lb vermicelli noodles (sotanghon)
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup annatto water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion leeks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Pour water in the cooking pot and apply heat.
- When the water starts boiling, add celery, 3/4 cup diced onions, whole peppercorns, and chicken
- Simmer for 40 to 60 minutes then turn off the heat and let cool.
- Remove the meat from the chicken using your hands. Discard the bones and skin. Set aside.
- Filter the liquid using a strainer and set aside. This will be the chicken broth.
- Soak the noodles in water until it becomes soft.
- Heat a clean wok or cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic and the remaining 3/4 cup diced onions.
- Add-in chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in annatto water and chicken broth then bring to a boil.
- Stir-in the carrots and half of the chopped onion leeks. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and fish sauce then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with remaining onion leeks and place lemon or calamansi slices on the side.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Source:Life’s Something Different
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)