- 2½-3 lb. flank steak, cut into large cubes
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Add the steak cubes to your slow cooker and set to low heat.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the steak.
- Top with the slices of red onion and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove the steak and onions to a bowl with tongs or a slotted spoon, leaving the sauce. Once cooled a little you can shred the steak cubes into smaller, bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the sauce into a pot and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture while whisking and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce has thickened, pour over the beef and onions and toss together.
(Visited 45 times, 1 visits today)