- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 (24 oz.) jar tomato sauce
- 1.75 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 6-8 thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a medium bowl combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add tomato sauce and stir to combine.
- Add enough of the sauce to just cover the bottom of the slow cooker.Keeping the chicken rolled up just as it is in its package, arrange it in the slow cooker over the tomato sauce in a single layer. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with remaining tomato sauce and cook until chicken is cook through, 3-4 hours on high, 6-8 hours on low.
- Once the chicken is cooked, preheat the broiler (you’re going to use it to quickly toast breadcrumbs to make a crunchy topping for your slow cooker chicken).Remove the lid from the slow cooker. Spoon off any fat that has accumulated at the top of the sauce. Discard. Sprinkle contents of slow cooker with remaining mozzarella. Put lid back on and cook just until cheese has melted.
- On a baking sheet combine the panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Put under the broiler just until browned a bit, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and sauce topped with the breadcrumbs and with the remaining parmesan cheese.
Source: Cook The Story
(Visited 29 times, 1 visits today)