- 2 lbs yellow potatoes, thinly sliced into quarter inch rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz (2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 lb cubed ham
- Spray 3 quart casserole crock* or 6 quart oval slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place thinly sliced potatoes in the crock. Lightly salt and pepper the potatoes.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Add the milk all at once and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Gently stir in the canned corn and cubed ham. Coat the potatoes evenly with the cheese sauce mixture.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours, or until potatoes are soft. Potatoes take a while to cook so be patient and start this recipe early in the day!
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the casserole. Let the cheese melt and then serve the potatoes.
Source: 365 Days Of Slow Cooking
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)