- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder, onion powder (about ½ teaspoon each)
For the Sauce:
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- (optional) 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke (if you like a smokey flavor)
- (optional) dash hot sauce (my bbq sauce was spicy enough already)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ribs in a shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes. Drain fat.
- In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, oregano, and liquid smoke and hot sauce if desired.
- Place ribs in a large slow cooker (at least 6 quart). I curled mine around but you can cut them in half if you need to. Pour sauce on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender.
- If you want to carmelize your bbq sauce put them back in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Totally your preference though.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)