- 2 lbs rump (chuck or round) roast
- 1 cup chicken (beef) broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (I used Bragg’s)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- In a large slow cooker, whisk together broth, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, mustard and garlic. Place roast in the centre, scoop a few spoonfuls of the sauce on top and cover. Cook on Low for 8 – 10 hours or on High for 4 – 5 hours.
- When meat is cooked, open the lid and using 2 forks shred the roast directly in the slow cooker or on a cutting board. Stir together with the sauce. Serve hot with real mashed potatoes, faux cauliflower “mashed potatoes” or on whole wheat buns.
Source: I Food Real
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)