- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Flatten the chicken breasts so that they are all equal thickness, about a quarter-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, turning it over when the side on the heat turns golden brown, about seven minutes. Remove from the pan to a plate when cooked through.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt it.
- Cook the mushrooms and scallions until the mushrooms cook down slightly.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for three minutes.
- Pour all of the chicken broth in at once, stirring constantly.
- Add the milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Salt the sauce to taste, then add the chicken to the pan.
- Simmer until the sauce thickens, about five minutes.
- Top the dish with the grated parmesan before serving.
Source: Simple Food 365
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)