- 4 (4-ounce) boneless sirloin steaks, trimmed (about 1 inch thick or thinner)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Sprinkle steaks evenly with your choice of steak seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add steaks to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from pan; tent with foil and keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine wine, 1/2 cup water, flour and a dash of salt and pepper; stir well with a whisk.
- Add mushrooms to the same pan adding more olive oil if necessary; cook 5 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add wine mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until thick; stir constantly.
- Remove from heat. Top each with 1 steak and about 1/4 cup mushroom sauce.
Source: The Noshery
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)