- 1 large tilapia (about a pound or more), scales and innards removed
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, wedged
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 5 to 7 pieces mustard leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 pieces okra
- 1 sachet sinigang mix
- 5 cups water
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Cut the half cross tilapia. Rub salt all over the fish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of cooking oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot, fry each side of the tilapia on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the tilapia and place on a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, scoop 2 tablespoons oil from the pan where the fish was fried and place in a pot.
- Heat the pot. When the oil is heated-up, saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes
- Add the miso paste and then pour in the fish sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sinigang mix. Stir. Place the pan fried tilapia. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the okra. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle some black pepper and add the mustard. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter. Serve.
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)