- 1 kilo prawns, cleaned, trimmed, deveined but shell intact
- 10 cups tepid water
- 1 thumb-size ginger, cut into strips
- 3 pieces taro roots, peeled and halved
- 1 piece radish, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 bundle okra (10-12 pieces)
- 2 pieces tomato, cut into wedges, deseeded
- 1 piece shallot, chopped
- 2 pieces green chillies
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed tamarind juice (you can also use
- store-bought tamarind soup mix)
- Bunch of spinach or Ipomea aquatica (kangkong)
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put water in a pot and simmer over medium heat. Season water with salt, tomatoes, shallot and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Once boilAdd taro roots and cook for 5 minutes. Next,add radish slices and okra. Cook for another 5 minutes or until taro roots are fork tender.
- Now, add the prawns and the tamarind soup. Mix profusely. Let boil. Season to taste.Add the shrimps and tamarind soup mix. Let it boil. Season to taste.
- Add the spinach leves or kangkong and red chillies. Cover and turn off heat.
Source: Philippine Cuisine
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)