- 1 kilo Beef brisket with bones and meat, cut in serving size
- 1 medium size Onions, quartered
- 2 medium size Tomatoes, quartered
- 6 pieces fresh ripe Guavas, peeled and cut in half (remove the seeds)
- 1 small sachet tamarind base soup (I use Maggi Sinigang Mix)
- 1 cup of Sitaw (String Beans), cut in 2″ long
- 3 pieces medium size Gabi (Taro), pealed cut in half
- 1 bunch Kangkong (Water Spinach), get only the leaves
- 6 pieces Okra (Lady Finger)
- 2 pieces Siling haba (Green Finger Pepper)
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- 1.5 liter of water
- In a large pot, boil water under high heat and add the beef chunks.
- Remove the scum that arises on top. Add the salt and stir. Continue to boil and remove the scum as it develops.
- When there are no more scum left, add the guavas and lower the heat to medium. Cook until the beef is tender.
- Afterwards, add the tomato, onions and taro; season with fish sauce then simmer for a few more minutes.
- Then add the string beans, lady fingers, green finger pepper, let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Before turning off the heat, add the water spinach and boil for another minute; otherwise the leaves will be very soggy.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a big serving bowl.
Source: Tayantangan Ni Abia
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)