- 1 whole chicken (about 2 lbs.), cut into serving pieces
- 1 1/2 cups tamarind leaves
- 3 tamarind cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with about 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground pepper. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. In a pot over medium heat, saute garlic and ginger in olive oil until light brown. Add onions and continue sauteing until onion is almost translucent. Add tamarind cubes and saute until melted.
- Add chicken and saute until there’s no more red part showing. Add water and fish sauce. Stir and cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Add tamarind leaves. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add spinach. Simmer for a minute or two. Remove from heat. Serve with steamed rice.
(Visited 512 times, 1 visits today)