- 1 rotisserie chicken, white and dark meat skinned and shredded
- 6 small carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. smoked paprika
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of onion soup
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 3/4 c. milk
- 4 T. unsalted butter, melted
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, melt the two tablespoons of butter and add the carrots, celery, parsley and all the seasonings, salt through thyme. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add the cream of onion soup, chicken stock and shredded rotisserie chicken. Stir well. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- To make the dumplings, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk and melted butter and stir together with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Using a 2 tablespoon capacity cookie scoop, drop the dumpling batter balls into the simmering stew one at a time until all the dough has been used. The dough should make 15 dumplings.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook (without uncovering) on a low simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Foodtastic Mom
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)