This Simple Recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup is simple and quick. In fact, it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. What makes this soup dish convenient to make and very flavorful has something to do with the chicken. I am using rotisserie chicken for this recipe — roasted chicken can also be used.
Rotisserie and roasted chicken are both cooked and ready to eat. These are also very tasty. The fact that these chicken are already cooked saves us time because we do not need to cook the chicken longer. The flavor of the chicken blends well with all the ingredient and is a key factor in the overall taste of this soup dish.
I am using a wide flat dumpling noodles made only of egg whites. You do not need to use the same ingredient if it is not readily available in your location: any flat noodle or the pasta of your choice is good enough. I recommend the following: macaroni, farfalle, and rotini.
Try this Simple Recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup. Send us your feedback.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- ½ roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 cups egg white dumpling noodles (flat)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the meat from the chicken. Chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and water in a cooking pot. Bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, add carrots, onion, and parsley. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Stir, cover, and cook in low to medium heat for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Add the flat dumpling noodles. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!