Simple Orange Chicken Tenders
Simple Orange Chicken Tenders is a quick and easy chicken dish that you will love. Did I mention that it is simple too? This dish is a hit among kids and kids at heart. If you have an extra 25 minutes to spare, you should give this a try.
I made this orange chicken tenders using store bought ingredients. This means that we will not be doing it from scratch. It will save us time and the effort will be lesser. It is upto you to choose the brand of chicken tenders that you like to use for this recipe. I chose the brand that makes use of real chicken breasts (not processed chicken meat). The orange sauce that I used for this recipe also came from the supermarket. You can get Kikkoman or Panda Express orange sauces. If you want to make one from scratch, follow steps 5 to 8 of our Orange Chicken recipe.
There are lots of ways to make our work simpler and quicker. Leveraging on available ingredients is the way to go if we really don’t have the time. However, I still recommend that we do a quick check on the products that we are buying to make sure that our health will not be compromised.
Try this Simple Orange Chicken Tenders recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 lb. orange chicken tenders (or chicken nuggets)
- 1/2 cup orange sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, put-in the chicken tenders. Deep fry the chicken until it gets golden brown and the texture is crispy. Do this in batches so that the pot won’t be overcrowded.
- Remove the chicken from the cooking pot and place in a plate lined with paper towels. Let the chicken stay for 10 minutes so that the paper towels can absorb most of the oil.
- Put the chicken in a large bowl. Pour-in the orange sauce. Toss until the chicken is fully coated.
- Transfer the your orange chicken tenders in a serving plate. Top with chopped scallions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!