Chicken Stir Fry:
- 500g | 1lb skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets (2 heads of broccoli)
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine the chicken with 2 tablespoons of the Hoisin sauce for 10 minutes at room temperature to quickly marinade.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok (or cast iron skillet/frying pan) on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir fry until golden. Remove from the pan onto a warmed plate and set aside.
- Increase to high heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant and golden. Add the onion, red capsicum/bell peppers and broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until colours become vibrant. Return chicken to the pan with the remaining hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and ground ginger. Stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Combine the cornflour and the 2 tablespoons of water together and add it to the stir fry to help thicken the sauce. Stir fry for a further 3 minutes until sauce has thickened, chicken has cooked through and vegetables are just tender (or cooked to your liking).
- Whisk eggs and soy sauce together in a bowl. Heat a separate smaller skillet/pan with the oil. When beginning to steam, add the eggs and swirl them around the base to create a thin layer. Allow to bubble and fry for about 1-2 minutes until golden, and flip. Continue frying for a further minute until cooked through.
- To serve:
- Break up the omelette and serve over the Hoisin Chicken with Steamed Rice.
Source: Cafe Delights
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)