- 6 boneless pork chops (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl dissolve salt in 1 ½ quarts of cold water. Cut slits in chops about 2 inches apart through the outer layer of silver skin and fat. (This will help keep the chops from bulging on the grill) Place chops in brine at room temperature for 30 minutes).
- While chops are brining in a small bowl mix together the honey, oil, pepper and anchovy paste until well combined.
- Preheat and prepare grill over medium high heat.
- Spread ¼ teaspoon of oil mixture over one side of each chop and place oil side down on the grill grates. Grill until well browned and slightly charred. Place the remaining oil mixture on the uncoated side of the chops, flip, and continue grilling until chops are well browned and done. (145F.) if chops brown too quickly move chops to a cooler side of grill to finish off.
- Serve hot.
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)