- 500 grams shrimp, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 long green chilies (sili pangsigang)
- 4 young leeks/pencil leeks (not the fat western
- hemisphere leeks!)
- 3 – 4 tablespoons full of sambal asli
- Sea salt
- Heat a wok or pan over high heat. When the wok is hot, bring heat down to
- medium and add the butter to the pan.
- Let this melt and sizzle until most of the foam has subsided.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and chilies and fry until the garlic is just a touch toasty in parts, under a minute. Add the leeks and mix in.
- Immediately add the sambal and shrimps to the pan and toss well. Cover your wok and wait a couple of minutes, uncover, and toss again. Try to flip the shrimp so the uncooked parts are underneath and the bright orange cooked parts are on top. Cover again for a minute or less and repeat until all the shrimps are just cooked. You don’t want to overcook them so be vigilant!
- Taste and season with salt as you like. Remove from the hot pan and serve immediately.
Source: 80 Breakfast
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)