- 8 very thin white sandwich bread slices
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size shrimp (since it’s getting blended you can definitely use frozen!)
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1/4 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fine, dry plain breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- Garnish- lemon slices
- Trim crusts from bread, cut each slice into 4 triangles. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Process shrimp and next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With blender or processor running, add egg whites, and process until blended.
- Spread mixture over bread;coat with breadcrumbs. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a large heavy skillet. Fry, in batches, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Garnish.
Source: The Way To His Heart
Via: Shrimp Toast
(Visited 105 times, 1 visits today)