- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-inches fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2-inches lemon grass, smashed
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 jalapeno, sliced plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a medium stock pot over medium heat, add the oil and onions.
- Cook stirring until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes). Stir in the garlic, cumin, curry paste and sugar.
- Cook for an additional minute. Stir in stock, ginger root, lemon grass, peppercorns, jalapeno, cilantro and fish sauce. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain (discarding the solids) and return the strained broth to the pot over medium heat.
- Stir in coconut milk, shrimp, mushrooms and lime juice. Cook until the shrimp is completely cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Serve immediately garnished with cilantro and jalapeno slices if desired.
Source: Salted And Styled
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)