- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package spicy smoked sausage links (andouille sausage), cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each – red, green, and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package of raw, large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and sauté until sausage begins to brown. Remove sausage and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter and add onion and peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, oregano, seafood seasoning, and tomato paste. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add sausage back to the stockpot, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and shrimp, cover, and remove from heat.
Source: Southern Kissed
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)