- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup shitake mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, and cook until bottom is browned. Flip over, cover and cook for 10 minutes until cooked through, then transfer to a cutting board.
- While the chicken is cooling, shred the veggies and mince the garlic, then finely shred the chicken.
- Place veggies and garlic in the skillet over medium heat. Add the soy sauce and sake, cover and cook until veggies just have softened, then transfer to a bowl. Add the chicken and stir to combine.
- Place a small bowl of water mixed with a teaspoon of cornstarch and your egg roll wrappers near the cutting board. Keep the wrappers covered in between rolls because they can dry out!
- To form each roll, place the wrapper on the cutting board with the corner facing you, then add a spoonful of filling to the middle. Spread the filling out in a line, then fold the bottom corner up. Fold the two outer corners over the filling.
- Dip your finger into the cornstarch mixture and dampen the top corner. Fold the top corner tightly over the roll to finish, pressing lightly on the dampened corner to help seal the dough.
- Repeat this process with the remaining wrappers, then set them aside to start frying.
- Add enough oil to a small pot to just cover the egg rolls, then turn the burner on to medium high heat and wait until the oil reaches 350 degrees. Place a few eggs rolls in a time and fry until golden, about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Serve as is or with your favorite dipping sauce!
Source: Otaku Food
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)