- 1 ½ lbs / 680 gr (or four 6-oz pieces) salmon, skin on or off
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar if you don’t care about the paleo thing)
- 2 tablespoons wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Ginger Honey Glaze
- 4 tablespoons honey (pick one with a mild taste)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wheat-free soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl combine olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, vinegar, and brown sugar. Whisk well until combined.
- In a shallow sealable container or in a large Ziploc bag, combine salmon and marinade. Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime in a small bowl combine all glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler in your oven to high and place a rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and lightly grease with olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and place under the broiler.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Remove and brush the top with glaze. Cook for further 2 minutes or until opaque and easily flakable with a fork.
- Remove immediately, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions if desired, and serve.
Source: The Iron You
(Visited 110 times, 1 visits today)