These sticky, messy, tasty chicken pieces are the perfect dinner or appetizer for your New Years Eve or football bowl party. The teriyaki and honey barbecue work well together. Add the sesame oil and seed and you have a fantastic tasting chicken wing or strip.
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3 pounds chicken wings and strips
- 1/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- In a large bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, wine, scallions, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and half of the sesame seeds. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place foil on two cookie sheets. Transfer the chicken to the cookie sheet. Discard the remaining marinade. Bake until chicken is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes for tenders and 30-35 minutes for wings. Put the wings on one sheet and the strips on the other incase one takes longer than the other.
- Mix barbecue sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Brush chicken with half of sauce mixture and bake for 5 more minutes. Using a clean utensil, turn chicken over, brush other side with sauce mixture, and bake for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle on remaining sesame seeds. Garnish with scallions. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: If you use smaller chicken pieces, cook times will change turn the chicken several times, coating them with the barbecue sauce mixture