Servings: 4 (serving size: 4 1/2 ounces scallops and about 3/4 cup pasta mixture)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, wine, and thyme; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente.
- Stir in chopped chives and lemon juice. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle scallops evenly with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with pasta mixture.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)