Tuna can be a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. It can contain 300 milligrams (0.011 oz) per serving.
Tuna is also a good source of protein.
Servings: 4 (serving size: 1 tuna steak and 2/3 cup tomato mixture)
- 4 (6-ounce) Yellowfin tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 12 chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt, coriander, and pepper.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- While fish cooks, combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, and remaining ingredients.
- Serve tomato mixture over fish.