Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 6 – 8
A mix of shrimp, scallops, calamari, and octopus tossed together in a zesty dressing. A great option for Christmas Eve.
- 3 Cups White Wine
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Pound Calamari, Cleaned And Cut Into Rings
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp, Cleaned And Deveined
- 1 Pound Scallops
- 3 Cups Cooked Octopus Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces
- 1 Cup Black Olives (Optional)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In a stockpot, combine 3 quarts of water, the wine, bay leaves, and crushed garlic.
- Slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture.
- Drop the lemons into the pot, then bring the mixture first to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low.
- First cook the shrimp, cook 2 minutes and remove from the pot.
- Cook the calamari 1 1/2 minutes and remove from the pot as well.
- If you are cooking scallops, cook in the same manner for 2 minutes.
- Mix the seafood together and set aside.
- If you are cooking octopus, add it to the pot, and cook it for about 45 minutes to an hour or until it is tender.
- Remove it from the pot and let it cool.
- Remove the skin and suckers, and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the octopus with the other ingredients.
- Place the seafood in a bowl and add the chopped celery.
- Add the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and let marinade a minimum of 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, adjust the seasonings, and add the black olives if you are using them.
- Serve at room temperature.